The National Sports Museum welcomes expressions of interest from potential volunteers who wish to play an integral role in this exciting museum.
Requirements of a volunteer
To be selected to work as a volunteer at the National Sports Museum will require:
- A commitment to the values of the National Sports Museum and high standards of service;
- A regular commitment of time – preferably once a week (including weekends) as well as an overall ongoing commitment to the National Sports Museum Volunteer program for a minimum of 12 months;
- Satisfactory completion of an induction training program, and agreement to further ongoing training and professional development;
- Enthusiasm for, and interest in, sport and history;
- Capacity to contribute and work as part of a team, and willingness to learn;
- A police security check; and
- Agreement to wear a National Sports Museum uniform.
The selection of volunteers is based on selection criteria and must satisfy ongoing performance assessment processes.
Volunteers will be critical to the success of the National Sports Museum and the visitor experience. Volunteer roles at the National Sports Museum include:
- Assisting visitors with information and directions within gallery spaces
- Visitor reception, logistics support and group control
- Supervising interactive activities
Volunteer intakes occur at periodic intervals depending on staffing requirements. Applicant details will be kept on file by the volunteer coordinator and those deemed suitable will be contacted during the recruitment drives.